When I was owner of Make It Mine Parties, I created all kinds of partyware but it is always fun to throw a real party! My business partner's twin goddaughters were turning 5 and their mother asked us to do their party. So we took the opportunity to not only showcase what we do as Make It Mine Parties, but to take it up a notch. I reached out to my fellow Dreamers Into Doers and with their contributions, we were able to pull off a perfect party!
The guest list was for 50 people including 24 children. We planned carnival style games, balloon animals, face painting, clowns, a photo booth, pinatas, a general store where the kids could shop after earning their tickets and topped it off with a full candy bar (see my post dedicated fully to the candy bar!).
I love it when the birthday kids get to dress up and become part of their party so Kristal from Atutudes was kind enough to send us two Circus tutus for the girls! We ordered hats for them and their mom had t-shirts airbrushed from Six Flags to round out their birthday outfits! Jutta from The Lucky Elephant also generously sent the girls bracelets to match their outfits. The morning of their party, the girls' mother slipped each bracelet under their pillow and when they woke up she read to them the legend behind the luck of an elephant with it's trunk up and wished them a lucky year!
The party took place outdoors in my business partner's yard and we all had a blast! I created all of the custom printable signage, prices for the prizes, labels for the candy bar and banners for the candy bar & general store. The kids started with face painting, animal balloons and photo ops in our booth complete with clown dress up props and the cutest yarn pom garland I have ever seen from Kiesha of Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams.
After everyone arrived, we all enjoyed grilled hot dogs & hamburgers with popcorn, chips & fruit salad. After lunch, the carnival games "opened" and the kids took turns playing games like duck pond fishing, pin the tail on the donkey, ring toss and bean bag toss to earn tickets where they could spend in the general store for prizes like chinese yo-yos, candy buttons, candy necklaces, duck whistles, wooly willy games, and more.
Cake & cupcakes were next followed by three pinatas! As everyone was leaving, they each got a circus train box to fill up with candy from the candy bar including Clown Cake Pops custom made for our party from Cake Pop Fusion! It was a fun day and everyone had a great time!
To see even more photos, click on the links below!
- Styling & Design: Amy Croushorn, Amy's Party Ideas
- Tutus: Atutudes
- Elephant Bracelets: The Lucky Elephant
- Clown Cake Pops: Cake Pop Fusion
- Yarn Pom Garland: Cupcake Wishes and Birthday Dreams
- Personalized Party Hats: Make It Mine Parties
- Carnival Sign: Oriental Trading Company
- Cake & Cupcakes: The Little European Bakery (Atlanta)
- Cupcake Toppers: Make It Mine Parties
- Vintage Popcorn Bags & Paper Straws with Personalized flags: Hey Yo Yo
- Candy Bar Banner & Labels: Party Invites
- General Store round tiered table with giant cupcake: Our display table for Make It Mine Parties designed by my business partner's husband. I made the giant cupcake to go on top!