Amy's party ideas


Party Invites













Bird's Nest Cookies


Okay, so those of you who know me know I pride myself on celebrating each holiday for the maximum duration possible!  But I have failed this year...with my business taking off, I find myself often wondering where the time went and scrambling to still enjoy the holidays as they approach.  So this week is dedicated to all of you who love to celebrate the holiday but just don't always have the time.

Easter Treats & Ways to Celebrate
(when you only have a week left!)

Bird's Nest Cookies - Art of Dessert
I love Haystacks!  Every Christmas we make them and usually eat them before we wrap them up for presents, but I never thought to use them for Easter!  Art of Dessert came up with a simple way to use butterscotch chips, chow mein noodles, and chocolate covered egg candy to make these gorgeous Bird's Nest Cookies.

Bird's Nest Cookies - Art of Dessert
Bird's Nest Cookies from Art of Dessert
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Allergy note: contains dairy and wheat ingredients

12 oz. package chow mein noodles 
12 oz. package butterscotch morsels
90 egg-shaped candies

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.  Pour the butterscotch morsels in a microwave-safe bowl and place them in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds then remove to stir. Return to the microwave and heat again for 30 seconds. Stir until melted. Add in the chow mein noodles and mix till combined. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to portion out the cookies onto the baking sheet. If the mixture starts to solidify in the mixing bowl, you can reheat for 15 to 30 seconds to melt. Place three egg-shaped candies in the center of each cookie. Allow to set for at least 5 minutes before serving or transferring.

Read more to see tips from Art of Dessert.

So easy & quick!  I bought the items this morning and am headed home to make some with my little one!