Amy's party ideas


Party Invites













Sweet Parties for Sweet Sixteen!


My most recent "Ask Amy" inquiry was for some Sweet 16 Party Ideas!  I remember my own sweet sixteen party...long before MTV made it cool and over the top, my parents rented a Women's Club, hired a local kid from the church to DJ and decorated with balloons, streamers & gathered all my friends to come and dance the night away.  So fun!  But boy, times have changed and I found some wonderful inspiration for this special event!

I love the refreshing color palate Chris Nease of Celebrations At Home used for this Sweet Sixteen birthday party!  It is a welcome change from the typical pink & black color theme.


I love the small dessert & candy bar!  Beautiful use of color is bright, fun and full of life!


 The key to a really great candy bar is to think about your colors when selecting the candy!


I love this idea to have guests leave notes of encouragement for the birthday girl!


 Another really personal touch by framing her initial!  She can use this in her room after the party.


Read all the details of this spectacular celebration here.

Design & Styling – Chris Nease @ Celebrations At Home |  Photographer – Paige Stevens Photography |  All signage – Love the Day |  Decorated cookies – Hey Babycakes |  Cake – Jana’s Cakes


And just look at this spectacular Sweet Sixteen birthday party from Weddings In Style II.  I just adore the details and again, the colors of pink & purple together are my favorite.  Fun, yet sophisticated!


This cake with the tall silver pillar candles is so beautiful!


The purple orchids are gorgeous and the pink daisies are the perfect touch!  And don't miss the recipe for the "signature drink".  What a great detail!



Another really fun idea comes from one of our favorites around here...Tiny Prints!  I love this inspiration board Tiny Prints put together!  Check out their blog post for all of the sources shown in the image.

Sweet Sixteen Party Inspiration Board from Tiny Prints


And I love this invitation from Tiny Prints which works with these colors as well!




I hope these ideas give you the inspiration you need to pull together a party as sweet as your sixteen year old!  We would love to see how it all comes together!  You can post your party photos on our facebook page.

Happy planning!