Amy's party ideas


Party Invites













Cinco de Mayo Fiesta {Real Parties I've Styled}


This weekend was Cinco de Mayo and we hosted our own fiesta!  I wanted to share a few photos from our party to inspire your own fiesta!  You don't have to wait for Cinco de Mayo to come around again.  These ideas would be fun for any summer night or Fiesta themed birthday party.

Fiesta Party Ideas

fiesta party push-up pops

We had Key Lime Cupcakes in Push Pop Containers in our Cupcake Cantina!  I had a galvanized bucket and turned it upside down.  I put a grapevine wreath around the bucket to use to display my push pops.  A colorful bandana added an easy and inexpensive touch to the decor!  If you haven't seen Courtney Dial Whitmore's new book Push-up Pops, you must get it!  It is full of fun ideas and recipes to create treats in Push Pop containers...these make the perfect favor for any party.  A printed "wooden" sign was the finishing touch.

key lime cupcakes push-up pops

fiesta party ideas

What is a Mexican fiesta without Mexican sodas for the kids?  Jarritos are made with real sugar and come in these fun colors!  I got mine from our local grocery store for $.67 each.  So fun!


amys party ideas fiesta cinco de mayo

I added these printed mustache labels to my push pop containers for a colorful touch.  These are from my free printable collection and are the water bottle labels.  They were the perfect size for these as well.  A tip: be sure to use "Removable Full Sheet Labels" from your local office supply store and they will come off clean when the party is over and you want to wash and reuse your containers.

fiesta party cinco de mayo cupcakes

key lime cupcakes party ideas

push-up-pops

A fun touch to any party are fresh flowers!  I purchased some from my local farmers market and cut the hydrangeas from our yard.  The Mexican cans came from my local grocery store in the International Foods aisle.  They were less than a dollar and I purchased three.  I cleaned out the cans and made small arrangements with a combination of flowers and set them around the house.



Our signature adult drink was a Mexican Cowboy! You can get the recipe and free printables here. I used the printable sign with a frame I had around the house.  It was a great way for my guests to create their cocktail and it was a hit!


For our party favors, we made Mexican Mustaches!  I love this mustache candy mold and have used it for our Super Mario party, our Christmas party as Santa 'Staches, and now for our Mexican Fiesta!  It is so easy and I love to use striped party straws instead of lollipop sticks for our chocolate lollipops.  I cut the straws in half and put the cut end into the chocolate.  I added the free printable party flags that say "Gracias" to thank our guests for coming.

mustache candy molds

chocolate mustache bash part ideas

And what is a party without a few photo props!  Sombreros, a flower for your hair and fuzzy mustaches on a stick.  The kids had fun with these as did the adults!

fiesta sombrero mustaches

fiesta party cinco de mayo party photo props

fiesta cinco de mayo party ideas

Pin It

I used purple bandanas to create a runner on my dining room table with a floral centerpiece and served up salsas & guacamole in glass margarita glasses.  Our menu was simple and so easy to create!

Pico de Gallo, Mango Salsa, & Guacamole with chips
Baked Jalapeno Poppers...great recipe can be found here.
Cantaloupe & Basil skewers with Honey Balsamic Vinegar dressing drizzled on top.
Guacamole Bruschetta
Jalapeno Pepper Jelly over Cream Cheese served with crackers
Fresh Grapes
Key Lime Cupcakes
Jarritos & Water for the kids
Margaritas, Coronas, & Mexican Cowboys for the adults

And my own last minute creation:

Mini Taco Cups:
Take Wonton wrappers (these can be found in your grocery store in the refrigerated organic section)
Spray your mini cupcake pans with cooking spray and place one wrapper in each hole.
Add scoop of refried beans, a scoop of seasoned taco meat, and a slice of Mexican Queso and bake for 10-15 minutes in a oven heated to 350 degrees.   Serve while hot!

VENDORS
Party Styling: Amy {Amy's Party Ideas}
Printables:  Party Invites 
Photo Booth Mustaches: Amazon
Party Straws:  Hey Yo Yo
Mustache Lollipop Candy Mold:  Amazon
Bandanas:  Hobby Lobby
Grapevine Wreath:  Hobby Lobby
Free Cinco de Mayo Printables: Party Invites

Here's to a summer full of fiestas! Ole!