Amy's party ideas


Party Invites













Cub Scout Blue Gold Ceremony {Real Parties I've Styled}


It's that time of year!  End of the school year, graduation parties, banquets and ceremonies.  This year, I had the honor of styling my son's Cub Scout Blue & Gold Ceremony.  I was thrilled to be able to pull together the decor for this event and make it a little more special for everyone.

I scoured the web for some great ideas, but I will be honest with you, there just aren't many out there that have been documented.  Which was all the more reason to share the results of my inspirations here with you.






















Pin It

When the guests arrived, they were greeted at the registration table with a campfire atop of a galvanized bucket (turned upside down) from which a small "Welcome" banner hung.  I designed the Welcome banner to look like the patches scouts have for their den numbers.  This idea would also work well for any camping party or event!

For the table centerpieces, I collected sticks and small logs from the neighborhood.  I cut the logs into smaller pieces and stacked them in a triangle, hot glued them together, and added tissue paper flames to the center for my campfire centerpieces.  I also made centerpieces with the 12 core values of scouting.  These turned out so cute and were really easy and inexpensive to create!

I took terra cotta pots and wrapped them in burlap.  The pots were only $1.27/ea from Hobby Lobby!  Then I printed the core values and hot glued them back to back on either side of a stick I found in the yard and stuck them down in the pots and covered the tops with moss.  I used my Cricut to cut the Fleur de Lis for the front of the pots, but I have included a printable one in the listing for the centerpieces!

For the tableware, I went with navy tablecloths and gold plates, cups, forks, & added a touch of whimsy with these great navy & white napkins that has a pattern that resembles the scouting Fleur de Lis. And what is a party without party straws?  Navy & white party straws were fun for everyone!

For an additional touch, I created the Cub Scout Rank signs for the awards table.  The den leaders appreciated this as it gave them each a place to display their awards and present them during the ceremony. 

The food is always kept simple at these kind of events.  Our local Chick-Fil-A catered this event for us along with additional fruit & salad trays from our local Publix.  I created table tent food labels to look like the scout uniform blue & gold patches.  It was a fun additional touch to carry the theme throughout the entire event.

It was a fun night and I have already been booked for next year's event!  So it was a success all the way around!

Sources:

Styling & Design:  Amy from Amy's Party Ideas
Printables:  Party Invites
Navy Party Straws:  Hey Yo Yo
Gold Plates, Forks, & Cups: Creative Converting
Navy/White Dessert Napkins: Elise
Navy Paper Tablecloths: Creative Converting
Cub Scout Candy Mold: Scout Store